Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
THAÏ STYLE TURKEY SALAD
22 Feb 2021
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 454 g (1 lb) Quebec ground turkey or chicken, raw
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) GARLIC CILANTRO EVOO or GARLIC & CHILI EVOO
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) ginger, chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) lemongrass, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 2 limes (more or less, to taste)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) fish sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) maple syrup or sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sambal oelek (spicy pepper condiment)
- Sous les oliviers CHOCOLATE & JALAPEÑO BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Leaves of 1 Boston lettuce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh mint, chopped
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and green onions. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is cooked. Lightly season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine lime juice, fish sauce, maple syrup and sambal oelek. Pour a few spoonfuls of the mixture, cilantro and mint over the cooked meat and mix. Taste and adjust seasoning (with lime, fish sauce, sambal oelek, salt and pepper, if necessary).
- Serve ground turkey mixture on Boston lettuce leaves.
NOTES & TIPS
Traditionally, roasted rice powder is added to the meat mixture. To do this, grill (uncooked) rice in a pan for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Then grind the rice with a pestle and mortar or a coffee grinder to obtain a powder. Add 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) of rice powder to the cooked poultry.
Be the first to comment...