Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Nutritional information per serving
Protein 40 g
Fat 23 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Turkey Filet Marinade
- 908 g (2 lb) Québec turkey breast filets
- Grated zest and juice from 2 limes
- 30 to 45 ml (2 to 3 Tbsp.) fresh grated ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp.salt
- 1 - 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup COCONUT BALSAMIC VINEGAR
Peanut Coconut Milk Dressing
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) peanut butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) coconut milk
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) honey
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime
Noodle Bowl Toppings
- 1 - 225 g package of rice stick noodles
- 1/2 red pepper, julienned
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 250 ml (1 cup) snap peas
- 250 ml (1 cup) julienned purple cabbage
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped cucumber
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped green onion
- 60 to 125 ml (1/4 - 1/2 cup) chopped peanuts
- Bunch fresh mint
- Bunch fresh cilantro
- Sliced lime for garnish
Turkey Filet Marinade:
- In a large bowl mix together the lime zest, lime juice, ginger, garlic, sugar, salt and coconut milk. Mix until smooth.
- Add the turkey filets, making sure they are submerged.
- Marinate for 2-4 hours.
Peanut Coconut Milk Dressing:
- Using a hand blender or food processor, combine all of the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Putting your salad together:
- Cook your noodles according to package directions.
- On the BBQ, grill your marinated turkey filets until they are cooked through (170 degrees).
NOTES & TIPS
There are 2 ways to serve this salad: In individual bowls: You can arrange all the ingredients separately (cooked turkey, noodles and dressing) like a buffet so that everyone can help themselves and prepare their own bowl of salad. Or you can present it in a large salad bowl to serve it. In this case, first put a layer of cooked noodles in the salad bowl, then the vegetables, turkey and peanuts and drizzle the dressing on top.
Just before serving, pour the Coconut Balsamic on top.