Prep time: 45 minutes
- 720 g (1 1/2 pounds) skinless and boneless salmon, cut into cubes (6 cubes/person, 2 skewers/person)
- 5 ml (1 Tbsp.) hoisin sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) TOMAHAWK Blend
- Drizzle of ST-ELIAS EVOO or UMBRIA EVOO
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- Toasted two-colour sesame seeds or two-colour toasted quinoa seeds
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water or use 8 metal skewers and then alternately prick the salmon cubes. Count two skewers per person. Place the skewers in a large airtight bag.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the marinade. Stir well with a whisk and pour mixture into the airtight bag. Seal bag and spread marinade. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue to high. Clean the grill with a brush and half a lemon (to make cleaning easier) and oil the grill with a brush.
- Place the skewers on the smoking grill and lower the barbecue temperature to medium-high and grill on both sides.
- Use a spatula to make sure the fish does not stick to the grill and tongs to rotate the skewers a quarter turn to make a nice grid pattern.
- Turn the skewers over, cook for two minutes and rotate another two minutes by a quarter turn. *Brush the skewers with marinade using a silicone brush when cooking on both sides.
- Serve the skewers with fried green onion quinoa, or rice pilaf and a nice green salad.