Nutritional information per serving
Protein: 22 g
Fat: 40 g
- 4 turkey or chicken breast cutlets or 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast (approx. 500 g/1 lb), cut into 4 cutlets
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1 large egg
- 25 ml (2 Tbsp.) milk
- Salt and pepper
- 500 ml (2 cups) Italian breadcrumbs
- 500 ml (2 cups) Marinara (tomato) sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) low-fat shredded Mozzarella or 1/2 Buffalo Mozzarella ball thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) BACON EVOO or BASIL PURE OLIVE OIL
- Place flour in a shallow dish or plate.
Combine egg, milk, salt and pepper in another shallow dish or plate and place breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish or plate.
- Dredge cutlets in flour and shake off the excess.
- Proceed to the next plate and cover with beaten egg mixture.
- Proceed to the last plate with breadcrumbs and coat turkey, pressing lightly.
- When all four cutlets are prepared, heat pan to medium high and sauté two cutlets at a time in olive oil for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Pour 250 ml (1 cup) of marinara sauce into the bottom of a shallow casserole dish. Place turkey cutlets on top, then pour remaining marinara sauce over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, cover and bake 350º F (175º C) for 20 minutes.