Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Nutritional information per serving
Protein 106 g
Fat 29 g
Carbohydrates 39 g
- 8 Québec turkey or chicken drumsticks
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) pepper
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) paprika
- 2.5 (1/2 tsp) garlic powder
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) cornstarch
- 30 ml (3 Tbsp.) honey
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) grated ginger
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1-2 Thai chili peppers, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and sprinkle on both sides of drummettes.
- Lightly dredge drummettes in cornstarch. Shake off excess.
- Place drummettes on a baking tray, leaving space between pieces to ensure they are not touching. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While baking, prepare glaze. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. You can adjust spice level by adding more or less chili based on your preference. Set aside.
- After 30 minutes, remove drummettes from the oven and generously brush on glaze.
- Bake an additional 15–30 minutes until the skin is lightly browned and crispy, and the inside is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and brush generously with remainder of glaze. Serve immediately.
- Drizzle with HICKORY BALSAMIC VINEGAR.
NOTES & TIPS
These mini drumsticks, when left over, are delicious served cold or at room temperature for lunch or as a snack to eat on the way.