Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 454 g (1 lb) Quebec ground turkey or chicken, raw
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) GARLIC CILANTRO EVOO or INFUSED OLIVE OIL - GARLIC ROASTED CHILI
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) ginger, chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) lemongrass, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 2 limes (more or less, to taste)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) fish sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) maple syrup or sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sambal oelek (spicy pepper condiment)
- Sous les oliviers CHOCOLATE & JALAPEÑO BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Leaves of 1 Boston lettuce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh mint, chopped
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and green onions. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is cooked. Lightly season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine lime juice, fish sauce, maple syrup and sambal oelek. Pour a few spoonfuls of the mixture, cilantro and mint over the cooked meat and mix. Taste and adjust seasoning (with lime, fish sauce, sambal oelek, salt and pepper, if necessary).
- Serve ground turkey mixture on Boston lettuce leaves.
NOTES & TIPS
Traditionally, roasted rice powder is added to the meat mixture. To do this, grill (uncooked) rice in a pan for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Then grind the rice with a pestle and mortar or a coffee grinder to obtain a powder. Add 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) of rice powder to the cooked poultry.