Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Portions : 6
Nutritional value per portion
Protein 31 g
Fat 22 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
- 680 g (1 1/2 lb) half turkey breast or Quebec chicken breast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) ITALIAN LAMBRUSCO HARVEST RED VINEGAR ou TERIYAKI DARK BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Zest of half an orange
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) honey
- 125 ml (½ cup) FLORIDA ORANGE EVOO
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) red onion, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh or canned apricots, roasted
- 125 ml (½ cup) celery, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) red cabbage, chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) raisins
- Your choice of lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Lightly butter a baking dish.
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Brown the turkey breast half for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the turkey to the buttered dish.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 50 minutes or to an internal temperature of 74 °C (165 °F).
- Whisk together the vinegar, orange zest, mustard and honey.
- Slowly pour 125 ml (½ cup) of olive oil into the bowl while stirring. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the onion and apricots. Pour the dressing into a salad bowl and add the turkey, celery, cabbage and raisins.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce of your choice.