Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
CLASSIC BEEF TARTARE
19 Feb 2021
- 500 g of beef hinds
- 2 Tbsp. chopped capers
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. BLACK TRUFFLE BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- 2 tsp.Dijon mustard
- 1 finely chopped French shallot
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 fresh tarragon leaves finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. natural olive oil (your favourite from Sous les oliviers)
- Spicy olive oil (JALAPEÑO EVOO or GARLIC & CHILI EVOO or amp; HABANERO EVOO or SUN-DRIED TOMATO EVOO for a little Italian touch)
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, vinegar, mustard, a drizzle of lemon juice, shallot, tarragon, parsley and capers. Whisk in the oil to emulsify and set aside on ice.
- Using a sharp knife, chop the beef into small cubes, as finely as possible. Place in bowl on ice and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve with bread croutons and pour on a very small dash of spicy olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Garnish with capers and the finely chopped parsley.